Top Seeding Package
Prices start at:
2500 sq ft
ECOLOGICAL GRASS SEED MIX
Ecological Seed Mix is a grass seed mix we recommend for use in non-irrigated and low use turf areas around a house. Ecological seed is a quick establishing, dense, low growing turf that requires less mowing, water, and lawn fertilization. This grass seed mix is very fine textured, can be used in open sun and yet has good shade and drought tolerance. It tolerates poor soil conditions and low fertility. This mix is not recommended for high traffic areas or athletic fields. Ecological grass seed mix is a much better grass seed choice for use in Boulder and Fort Collins areas compared to the warm season grass - buffalo grass.
20% Hard Fescue
20% Chewings Fescue
20% Creeping Red Fescue
25% Kentucky Bluegrass
15% Perennial Ryegrass
Fine Fescue Facts:
- Fine fescues take 16 days to germinate from grass seeds.
- The blades of the grass are strong, but the rhizomes of fine fescues are not very strong and therefore do not tolerate foot traffic very well.
- After established, fine fescues require less mowing, less fertilizer and less water to stay healthy compared to bluegrass.
- Fine fescues are not drought proof and will die if left without water for a long period of time (1-3 months with zero water).
- Fescues are a clump grass, this means they grow in lots of small clumps. If conditions are good all these clumps appear as a nice full thick area, if conditions are bad (drought) the fescue will reduce to smaller clumps and this will make the area look patchy, which is a good indicator of drought stress.