Insect Control and Prevention for Trees
Tree Care and Tree Insect Treatments - Aphids, Spider mites, Ash Sawfly & More
Control and prevent a wide variety of insects on your deciduous, coniferous, and fruit-bearing trees.
Many trees in Colorado get attacked by insects every year. These damaging tree insects might include aphids, curl aphid, mealy bug, leafminers, bronze birch borer, elm leaf beetle, elm scale, honeylocust plant bug, juniper scale, kermes scale, cottony maple scale, spider mites, oystershell scale, ash sawfly, emerald ash borer and many other insects. Even though these insects rarely kill a tree they can cause severe stress and can reduce the trees ability to fight other biotic or environmental conditions like heat and drought stress.
A tree that suffers from insect pressure will grow much slower than a healthy tree and insect pressure on trees can reduce the growth rate by as much as 70%. It is rare, but trees that are left untreated over several years can even be killed by insect pressure.
Organo-Lawn is your local tree care expert for controlling insects on trees. Call with questions about tree care in Boulder area (303)434-0150 or Fort Collins area (970)-225-9425.
Aphids are severely damaging this tree in Boulder, Colorado. Aphids can quickly damage a tree because they can reproduce at the rate of 20 babies per day, per aphid.
This leaf on a tree in Fort Collins is covered in honeydew which is the
- Orthene Soil Injection - Orthene is a reactive insecticide for tree care and is fast acting insect control for many problematic tree insects including aphids, spider mites, ash sawfly, and other insects.
- Merit Soil Injection - Merit is a preventative insect control for many problematic tree insects including aphids, scales, ash sawfly, emerald ash borer, spruce gall, and many other damaging insects on trees.
- How to Calculate the Diameter Breast Height for Orthene and Merit Treatments - We determine pricing of our tree care treatments based on the trunk diameter.
- Tree Care Chart - This tree care chart explains which trees need to be treated by which insecticide.
- EcoTrol - Ecotrol is a 100% organic insecticide for fruit trees.