TRUNK INJECTIONS USING TREE-ÄGE®
Trunk injections using the insecticide TREE-äge® (pronounced Triage) is an insecticide directly injected into the trunk of a tree. TREE-äge® injections are recommended when a tree is being damaged by boring insects or if it has the potential to be damaged by Mountain Pine Beetle or Emerald Ash Borer.
Trees that need to be treated proactively for Mountain Pine Beetle insect pressure include:
- Scotch Pines
- Ponderosa Pines
- Lodgepole Pines
Trees that need to be treated proactively for Emerald Ash Borer insect pressure include:
- Ash trees for Emerald Ash Borer.
The most common use of TREE-äge® is for the preventative and reactive treatment of the Emerald Ash Borer
- TREE-äge® is the name of an insecticide that can be used to protect ash trees from Emerald Ash Borer.
- TREE-äge represents a powerful tool for protecting valuable landscape ash trees from emerald ash borer.
- Trunk injections are restricted use and can only be applied by a tree care company with a pesticide applicators license that has a special certificate in Ornamental Plants.
- The insecticide is applied directly into the trunk at the base of a tree. It is not sprayed on the tree nor applied to the soil.
- Like most systemic insecticide, this tree care product is transported through the trunk and into the canopy. Therefore, it will be more effective in a tree that is healthy than in a tree that is weak or has already been stressed by insect pressure.
Trees that need to be treated reactively after insects are present include: Austrian Pine for Zimmerman Moth; Ash trees for Lilac Ash Borer; Pinon Pine for Pinon Pitch Mass Borer.
Tree lV Pricing for Trunk Injection using Tree-äge®
Discounts: 5% off between $200-$300, 10% off between $300-$500, and 15% off for $500+
Tree Trunk Breast Height Diameter Must be at Least 2” to Treat the Tree
Tree Trunk Breast Height Diameter - Cost Per Tree
2-8" - $135.00
9" - $147.50
10" - $160.00
11" - $172.50
12" - $185.00
13" - $197.50
14" - $210.00
15" - $222.50
16" - $235.00
17" - $247.50
18" - $260.00
19" - $272.50
20" - $292.50
21" - $312.50
22" - $322.50
23" - $344.50
24" - $364.50
25" - $384.50
26" - $404.50
27"+ - Call for Pricing
How fast does it begin to work in a tree and how long does the application last?
TREE-age will take between 1-6 months to push the insecticide through the entire tree. This means the tree may not be fully protected for up to 6 months and this amount of time depends on the type of tree, the size of the tree, the health of the tree, the moisture in the soil, etc. The healthier the tree and the better the moisture in the soil, the faster the tree will push the product throughout the tree.
Organo-Lawn’s recommendation is to do preventative tree care treatments anytime that the tree has foliage as this is when the tree is still moving nutrients throughout the tree and it uptake the product properly. If the tree is already under attack from insects and needs treatment we cannot guarantee that the tree will be protected until 6 months from the application date, however, we suggest treating the tree as soon as possible. If the tree is healthy we we can get control within 1 month from the time of application.
Organo-Lawn is your local tree care expert. Make sure to contact our offices in Boulder (303) 499-2000 or Fort Collins (970) 225-9425 prior to spraying any pesticide into a tree.
Recommended Uses for Tree-age Tree IV
- If a tree is in an area that is not treatable with a deep root tree gun. I.e. surrounded by rocks or near a body of water like a river or pond.
- When a tree is under severe insect pressure that neither Orthene, Merit nor Safari will control. Note: The insect pressure needs to be severe enough that it might kill or damage the tree.
- If the tree is suffering from a boring insect attack.
- Lilac Ash Borer (Treat every 3 years treat reactively only as needed)
- Zimmerman Pine Moth (Treat every 3 years treat reactively only as needed)
- Pinon Pitch Mass Borer (Treat every 3 years treat reactively only as needed)
- Mountain Pine Beetle (Treat every 2 years, proactively only as needed)
- Emerald Ash Borer (Treat proactively or reactively once and it will control the insect for 2 years, then treat using Soil Injections every year moving forward) Note: EAB arrived in Colorado Sept 2013)
Ideal time for Preventative Treatment
Late May – Early September
Ideal time for Reactive Treatment
Leaf on to Leaf Off (Typically April-early October)